The Gorean Lifestyle: A Woman's Right is Slave
Why Goreans Believe Women Only Exist to Please Men
What is your name and identity? If you're a woman practicing a Gorean lifestyle, you don't have one. You identity is kajira, a slave, and you serve a master, who orders you to do whatever he pleases. You have no rights and never address yourself as "I" or "me" - instead, you address yourself as "master's slave". Refusal to do this results in punishment, usually a whipping. Would it surprise you that many women in America today practice this lifestyle willingly? This is a sobering look into the sexualized lifestyle of Gor: Gor's bookish beginnings, why Goreans think slavery is necessary, living as a Gorean slave, and the controversy surrounding it, including stories of abuse and death.
Philosophy of Gorean Slavery
Here is Gorean philosophy concerning slavery of women:
- As stated before, Goreans believe that women have a natural desire to be slaves. Every woman has this desire.
- Also, they believe that women have a huge desire to please men. They strive for perfection. They want to be submissive. Women want to be controlled by men. A man's word is final.
- Gor strictly believes in the 'natural order'. There aren't any exceptions to this rule. Men always dominate, women always submit.
- All women 'beg the collar' (desire a master). Women slaves are collared once owned and beg to be owned, according to Gorean philosophy. Here is an excerpt from Marauders of Gor explaining this view:
- Masters consider their slaves property. They are to keep their property in top condition. If slaves don't meet their standards, they are disciplined. This involves punishment, including imprisonment and whippings.
- Although Gorean philosophy says that all women have rights, free women can be enslaved at any time.
- Beautiful slaves are prized the most. If slaves are not beautiful, both in looks and personality, they are killed or do menial work.
Additionally, there isn't much evidence of a traditional family in Gor. There is only a master and slave relationship. Free women are not slaves but they obey all men's orders, because men are naturally stronger than women.
Rights of Gorean Slaves
Followers of Gor believe Gorean slaves have rights of being a woman. They want to perform, act, and be a woman. Being a woman, according to Gorean philosophy, is pleasing a man in various ways.
Here are other rights of Gorean slaves:
- Once you are a Gorean slave, you lose all human rights. Anything you did before enslavement is erased from your past. You are not to talk about it, since your identity is kajira, a slave.
- Slaves aren't seen as people. They are, according to Gorean followers, human animals.
- Masters make decisions for them. They lose rights to their name. Their master chooses their name, although slaves are not allowed to refer to themselves by name.
- Their master can discipline or destroy their property at any time. Gorean law fully supports this.
- A kajira's only goal in life is to bring pleasure and comfort to their master.
- There are different types of women slaves. Some slaves purely serve as sexual objects, while others are masterful at cooking.
- Slaves do not question anything. They do as they are told. Refusal to do anything results in discipline.
- Slaves must strive for perfection.
- Not only must slaves do their work well, but it must be done in a feminine, graceful way that expresses their sexuality.
- Gorean women retain the right to refuse slavery. If a master wants to enslave a woman and she refuses, however, she may be killed.
Types of Gorean Slaves
Here are the types of Gorean slaves.
White Silk Slaves: A woman slave who hasn't lost her virginity. This is indicated by tying a white ribbon to her collar.
Red Silk Slaves: A woman slave that has had sex. This is indicated by tying a red ribbon to her collar.
These are how slaves are usually separated. From there they are separated into these categories:
- Pleasure Slave. A slave trained in the arts of pleasure, including slave dance, slave positions (note: these are not sexual positions, but positions used in their culture), cooking, being pleasant, and sexual services.
- Passion Slave. A slave trained and used for sexual services only.
- Feast Slaves. A slave that serves food along with other personal services decide by their master.
- Serving Slaves. A slave usually owned by a woman master. They prepare warm baths, help remove clothing, comb hair, and complete most domestic chores.
- House Girls. Same as Serving Slaves, but they only complete domestic chores. They are owned by Masters.
This does not include all categories. Gorean slaves typically wear a tunic and a collar.